Accounting Technician - Kamloops, BC
Are you an experienced Accounting Technician who values community, learning, continuous improvement and a positive work environment? Do you appreciate collaborative relationships, growth opportunities, open communication and service excellence?
If so, let us tell you more.
We are Tenisci Piva LLP and we aspire to be the professional services firm of choice.
We believe that we can only achieve our goal of building trusting, long-term relationships with our clients if we focus on our team and our work environment. We work hard to foster our culture of service, respect, work-life balance, positivity and appreciation.
When you join our Accounting team, you will help us achieve our vision through these core responsibilities:
• Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements for clients in a variety of businesses.
• Prepare and maintain government remittances/filings, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions.
• Prepare tax filings including personal, corporate, trust, charity and NPO returns.
• Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning and other aspects of accounting work.
• Perform month-end and quarter-end close processes.
• Maintain, monitor, and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe the following requirements are essential:
• Accounting Certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major considered an asset).
• Minimum two (2) years of accounting related experience in an accounting firm.
• Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, TaxCycle, Quickbooks and Sage 50 is an asset.
• Customer service and/or client service experience.
• Working knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to take initiative and contribute to a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We know that our team is our most valuable asset. Our workplace environment is positive, productive, energetic, team-oriented and fun. Our team members feel balanced, valued and respected, are accountable and are given the opportunity to grow and shine. We are always looking at ways to better serve our clients and support our team, our firm stays on the leading edge, mentors our students for success, embraces open communication and encourages continued personal growth and development.
We encourage you to connect with us even if we are not actively seeking new team members because there will always be room for the right fit.
• Competitive salary, benefits and vacation
• Our benefits package includes wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, RRSP matching program, firm sponsored social events and professional development
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime