Manager, Tax - Kamloops, BC
Are you an experienced tax professional who values community, learning, continuous improvement and a positive work environment? Do you appreciate collaborative relationships, growth opportunities, open communication and service excellence?
If so, let us tell you more.
We are Tenisici Piva LLP and we aspire to be the professional services firm of choice.
We believe that we can only achieve our goal of building trusting, long-term relationships with our clients if we focus on our team and our work environment. We work hard to foster our culture of service, respect, positivity and appreciation.
As the newest member of our team and our tax group, you will help us achieve our vision through these core responsibilities:
• Prepare and manage tax and tax consulting engagements to provide efficient, high-quality service to clients.
• Analyse, plan and implement corporate reorganizations, innovative tax strategies and tax planning opportunities across various industries, including tax planning and the purchase and sale of businesses.
• Manage and execute multiple tax engagements with multiple clients across various industries.
• Provide consulting and compliance expertise to clients and internal team members.
• Manage team members to complete core functions and support their development through coaching, feedback and training.
• Actively seek opportunities to support and develop a team-oriented culture that focuses on positivity, growth and open communication.
• Work with clients and liaise with tax authorities for Canada Revenue Agency requests for information, disclosures, audits and appeals.
• Prepare and review complex corporate, partnership, trust and personal income tax returns.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe the following requirements are essential:
• Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
• Completion of at least Level 2 of the CPA Canada In-depth Tax Course and other tax specialist development courses.
• Minimum of two years of post-designation work experience specializing in tax.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders.
• Excellent research and analytical skills; ability to review tax legislation and use critical thinking skills to conclude on tax issues in an environment of new and evolving legislation.
• Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
• Proven ability to contribute to a team-oriented culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude.
• Proven ability to manage multiple clients and files and prioritize workload.
• Experience working with accounting and tax research software such as Caseware, TaxNetPro, TaxFind.
• Passionate about learning, growth and being part of a high-performing team.
• Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles.
Take the next step in your career and apply today.
For more information, please contact Dwayne Dueck, Tax Partner at email@example.com.
8 Month Co-op Work Term: January 2021 to August 2021 – Kamloops, BC
The successful candidate will support our firm through a co-op position.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Previous work experience in a CPA firm preferred but not mandatory
• Computer skills:
• Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, CaseWare, Caseview, Jazzit, bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks and Sage (Simply),and Tax Software (example: Profile, Tax Prep, etc.),experience in these programs are preferred but not mandatory
• Experience is an asset.
• Time-management skills and attention to detail;
• Accountability and dependability;
• Planning and organizing;
• Decision making and judgment;
• Ethics and integrity;
• Problem solving, research, and analysis;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
• Working independently or in a team
WHY YOU WILL BE THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
• You have the ability to quickly familiarize with a work environment;
• You enjoy the changing demands of public practice accounting;
• You embrace learning and personal growth;
• You possess strong time management skills with the ability to work effectively with a team or independently;
• You have strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and set priorities to manage multiple tasks and projects;
• You have the ability to understand and adhere to operating procedures and practices;
• You demonstrate professionalism through appearance and overall conduct;
• You are open and willing to communicate and respond to the needs of the firm in a positive, professional, and supporting manner; and
• You are strong in interpersonal and consulting skills with a demonstrated customer service focus
Post Baccalaureate Diploma, Bachelor of Business Administration/BBA - Accounting
We know that our team is our most valuable asset. Our workplace environment is positive, productive, energetic, team-oriented and fun. Our team members feel balanced, valued and respected, are accountable and are given the opportunity to grow and shine. We are always looking at ways to better serve our clients and support our team, our firm stays on the leading edge, mentors our students for success, embraces open communication and encourages continued personal growth and development.
We encourage you to connect with us even if we are not actively seeking new team members because there will always be room for the right fit.
• Competitive salary, benefits and vacation
• Our benefits package includes wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, RRSP matching program, firm sponsored social events and professional development
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime